HSR Alumni Weekend
Friday August 5 – Sunday August 7, 2016
After enjoying an extended spring that began in November (briefly interrupted by winter at the beginning of April), it sure feels like summer now. Growing up, it was around this time that those of us who were so lucky began to totally mail it in at school knowing that another summer at the Haliburton Scout Reserve was imminent.
Now that we’re all responsible adults (give or take ~50%), it is nice to know that we can recapture this feeling in a small way, with the HSR Staff Alumni Weekend fast approaching. Whether it’s an annual tradition for you or you haven’t been back to the shores of Kennabi since days past (or long-past), we would like to welcome you!
It is an excellent opportunity to return to HSR to hang around with staff past and present, (and long-past) who all shared the common experience of spending the summer months working there. We have several activities planned (see the schedule below), and the weather is always perfect (give or take ~50%).
|FRIDAY AUGUST 5||SATURDAY AUGUST 6||SUNDAY AUGUST 7|
|Arrival & set up camp. Dinner on your own
9PM HSR Campfire and/or Alumni Campfire at Guest Sites
|Arrival and sign-in continues||AGM and Cricket Day|
|Morning Continental brunch||10AM Hot Brunch|
|1PM Group Hike, Camp Activities (TBA) or Free Time (aka “baking”)||11AM Alumni Association Annual General Meeting|
|6PM Alumni Dinner with Staff in Hub. This will include the presentation of the 2015 Bursary Award||Early Afternoon Annual Cricket Match Alumni vs Staff|
|9PM Hub & Cub Pub – music, tales, meet & greet||Late Afternoon High Tea, Cricket Trophy presentation|
|After Campfire at Guest Sites||Evening: Pack up and head home|
Things to know about Alumni Weekend:
- The cost of the weekend is $30 per person (includes campsite, meals, and activities). Family and friends are most welcome. Cheques or cash are preferred and the former should be made out to “Haliburton Scout Reserve Staff Alumni Association”.
- Sign-in, camping, morning / afternoon meals and the AGM will be on Guest Sites on the north side of the road.
- In addition to a clean and valid (within three years) Police Reference Check, all Alumni Weekend attendees over the age of 18 are required to complete a one-time Scouts Canada Child & Youth Safety training to be permitted on camp property. This training must be completed prior to Alumni Weekend. Details of these and other requirements are available here.
- Police Reference Checks and proof of the completion of the CYS training module must be presented for those attending Alumni Weekend.
- Alumni members are advised that in accordance with the “Duty of Care” policy, no alcohol or illicit drugs are allowed in the camp. There is also a No Pets policy at Haliburton Scout Reserve.
- Registration for the Weekend is mandatory. Register Online here or confirm your attendance via email to email@example.com.
A chart outlining documentation requirements for various categories of attendees is available in chart form via the link below. You are STRONGLY encouraged to examine this and submit the applicable credentials (PRC / CYST / Hold Harmless and Code of Conduct) in advance (also to firstname.lastname@example.org).